Hernando County Florida Backyard Chicken update to permits

buddyellie

Chirping
8 Years
May 5, 2013
If you are thinking of getting chickens in Hernando County, Florida, call the permitting department first to see if the new rules are in effect. As of October 8, 2019, the commissioners are voting to do away with that part of the law that requires you to get a signed and notarized form from the owner of any adjoining property.

I have asked that they reduce the permit fee. It started out at $125 for five years and was reduced to $100. We will see on the 8th if they reduced it some more. Also to be determined,hopefully, whether or not a chicken can free range in a yard that is fenced.

If you are thinking of getting chickens in Hernando County, Florida, call the permitting department first to see if the new rules are in effect. As of October 8, 2019, the commissioners are voting to do away with that part of the law that requires you to get a signed and notarized form from the owner of any adjoining property.

I have asked that they reduce the permit fee. It started out at $125 for five years and was reduced to $100. We will see on the 8th if they reduced it some more. Also to be determined,hopefully, whether or not a chicken can free range in a yard that is fenced.
You might want to mention this in your state thread:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/florida-always-sunny-side-up.305793/

Florida is so ridiculous when it comes to this. Let's just say I've been waiting for them to show up at my house for my 220 chickens. Okaloosa here. I'm afraid to apply for the permit now.

As of October 8th, it was approved that you DO NOT need your neighbors consent. Be sure to check with Planning and Zoning first before applying for permit. You need to make sure the law has gone to Tallahassee for finalization. Thanks to the current commissioners who saw this as unnecessary.

Back
Top Bottom