Hernia on Day old?

He is passing some version of poo, mostly watery stuff with a little solid in it. I just saw him actually drink a sip on his own, and he is pecking around a little at crumble, but the most disturbing thing is he is breathing very rapid, and just looks like its an effort to breathe. He must have some sort of internal issue, perhaps a heart ailment. I keep giving him little visits from his hatch mates from the brooder right next to him. They hear each other, but I hate to see when they start picking at him. He has no fuzz on his wings, and its just those little sticks, and anyone I put in there ends up pecking and pecking at them, and knocking him over. I know this is all part of when you work with animals, but it is tugging at my heart strings. My feeling is that this little one has challenges far beyond his little navel that actually looks very good right now.

He was the oldest egg I set too, 11 days. Maybe I should have picked a younger one, but that egg was such a nice shape and a deep blue, I was drawn to it!

Thanks for helping guys,
MB

Back
Top Bottom