Hernia? Prolapse?

Do you have sugar that you could add to water for it to drink? 1 tsp per cup of water is good. Plain Neosporin or Triple Antibiotic Ointment is good to apply.
Thank you, if it makes it through the night I’ll do sugar water tomorrow. I did put some Jack Newmans Nipple ointment on it. I figured if it was good enough to put on my nipple and safe for a newborn, it should be okay to put on a chick, haha. It has antibiotics and anti-fungal. All I could think of.

Maybe the last bit of yolk? I'd just keep it away from the others so it doesn't get pecked. Raw honey is great at reducing swelling and has amazing, all natural, antibiotic and fungal properties.

Don't give up! We all go into this knowing that not all will make it. Hope the little one heals up!

Lil chick did not improve. It’s mobility wasn’t great and did not eat or drink on its own. I tried to feed sugar water and keep protrusion clean and dry. But neither helped. The sack got badly infected and leaked green fluid. Baby was starting to get lethargic, I made the tough call to end his suffering.

Thank you all so much for your help. Out of 11 eggs, I have one healthy and happy chick. This will be the last time I hatch my own eggs. I don’t have the knowledge or heart to try again.

Back
Top Bottom