Hey, Anyone from North Dakota? Even though I doubt it.

Another ND member here! I'm looking to get a half dozen chickens to start, then maybe add as I get comfortable. Right now I'm thinking Australorp's are the breed I'd like to start with. It would be great to get chickens from someone local as I prefer to support local buisness. Any ideas, suggestions...I'm all for them!

Add one more North Dakotan to the list! Been trolling the site for years (sorry for taking so long) and finally decided to take part in the awesomeness that is BYC! Awaiting a new flock of 13 Partridge Rocks and 12 Light Brahmas.

Add one more North Dakotan to the list!  Been trolling the site for years (sorry for taking so long) and finally decided to take part in the awesomeness that is BYC!  Awaiting  a new flock of 13 Partridge Rocks and 12 Light Brahmas.
Welcome, us North Dakotans need more poultry enthusiasts!

Welcome, us North Dakotans need more poultry enthusiasts!

Thank you, I feel the same way. I did hear that there was a presentation this evening at the Fargo public library on raising backyard chickens. Always love to see that. Wasn't able to make it, though, I didn't know in time and live a little ways away.

Can you have chickens in Fargo now? Of course when I lived there you couldn't.....Oh well, I get to have more in the country.
wee.gif

We live about a half hour west of Fargo on the other side of Casselton. Chickens have been legal in Fargo since the mid '50's. Still can't in Moorhead or West Fargo, but Iwe're trying to help people get that changed.

Last edited:
I was invited to help out with the FM Urban Chickens face book page today, and would like to invite anybody (especially from ND and MN) to like and support the page. It was originally started to help change the current laws banning raising poultry in the city limits of West Fargo and Moorhead. any support is greatly appreciated, and would help the effort. Thanks to all the ND and/or MN supporters in advance :)

Back
Top Bottom