Hey BYC

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Cigo, May 18, 2017.

1. Cigo

Cigo Just Hatched

Sep 21, 2016
    Hi guys! Been a long-time lurker for nearly as long as the site's existed, but didn't make an account until a few months ago. And now I'm finally getting around to making my first post. Wanted to introduce myself briefly before I got on with more interactions with the community, which I'm looking forward to.

Not much to say about myself. Been raising chickens and other fowl since I was a young boy. I've got a few dozen birds right now. The number is constantly fluctuating depending on time of year (chick season vs harvest season) but I'm probably going to be raising a lot more in the future as I increase coop space. Right now I raise chickens primarily for eggs, though I also eat plenty of chicken meat too. And currently I'm toying around with creating my own project breed, which I'm getting a lot of enjoyment out of.

Glad to finally be an active part of the community!

2. Colonel-Sanders

Colonel-Sanders Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2017
    Ohio
    The community is better with you in it! :welcome

Cigo likes this.
  3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hello and welcome to BYC - great that you have finally joined us. I wish you all the best with your landrace project and I hope that you enjoy being a member as much as the rest of us.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread#post_3239224

All the best

CT

Cigo likes this.
  4. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    WELCOME!!!!

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens.

6. chickisoup

chickisoup one Blessed chicki Premium Member

Morning!!!:frow
    Glad you came out of "hiding" and grabbed a perch! Always room for one on this roost ;)

7. StarsFan33

StarsFan33 Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2017
    Hello and welcome to the forum! I am new as well. Glad to see other newbie's in here with me! ;-)

8. vachick15

vachick15 Overrun With Chickens

:welcome

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by