Hey everybody. Looking forward to learning from all of you.

It is a tarped roof but the sides are wire so it is predator proof
That's not predator proof.
A raccoon could easily scale the fence, lift the tarp and wipe out the flock. It happens all the time.
What kind of wire is the run made from?
Can you post pictures?

This is what we have but plan to tarp the entire top with a heavy tarp for winter.

That's not predator proof.
A raccoon could easily scale the fence, lift the tarp and wipe out the flock. It happens all the time.
What kind of wire is the run made from?
Can you post pictures?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
Chicken wire is not predator proof.
A dog, fox, coon, weasel, etc. can easily tear through that. You really need to upgrade before you lose your flock.
What is your chicken coop made out of? Mine is a coated wire mesh. If you enlarge pic I attached earlier you can see what it is. In the past we have used outdoor dog pen panels w/tarp roof and overhead netting. It worked well. We are trying to redo our animal enclosures and this is what my kids purchased.

What is your chicken coop made out of?
My coop is a converted shed with a 28'x12' attached run plus a 4'x16' annex on the back with a solid roof, 1/2" hardware cloth walls and 1/2" HC covering all the windows openings and vents with a 2' predator apron all the way around it, all plunked down inside a 1/3 acre pen surrounded by 42" high poultry netting powered with a 10,000 volt charger.

Back
Top Bottom