Hey everyone! From pittsburgh, pa.

rinlareine

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 1, 2013
Apollo, PA
Nice to meet all the other backyard chicken owners out there! I just found out about this site when I started hunting for salmon faverolles online. I'm currently the proud owner of my second flock, all about two years old now; a mix of RIR, black giants, golden comets, and ameraucanas. The first one I raised with my mother when I was a kid. Now we're looking to add some new chicks and I wanted to get some silkies and salmons in addition to the six were getting from the local feed store. Found a man with some silkies closeby, but no luck with the salmons yet. I can't wait for the new chicks to come in. Only one more week! :)

Welcome to BYC!!!
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!!
welcome-byc.gif

Welcome..... It's so fun getting new chicks! What are you thinking about getting? I just got 2 Black Giants this year. How do you like yours?

Welcome..... It's so fun getting new chicks! What are you thinking about getting? I just got 2 Black Giants this year. How do you like yours?

We're going to try to get two Light Brahmas, two more Ameraucanas (hoping for blue/green eggs since ours are brown layers this time), two Silver-laced Wyandottes, one or two white Silkies, and three Salmon Faverolles if I can find them. A cat got one of our Black Giants a few months ago, but they are/were both fairly good-tempered. Gentle giants and all that. It's our RIRs that are kind of mean. One of them has a voracious appetite for fingers and toes.
sad.png

Try the Pennsylvania thread - perhaps someone there can help you with faverolles. Welcome to BYC.

I will, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom