Hey everyone, I'm Bailly. Easley, SC's newest chicken lady!

baillywagner87

In the Brooder
Dec 5, 2021
Hey everyone!

I'm so glad to be here and can't wait to learn everything I can. I got the first chicks for my flock in March of this year (2021) and added a Rhode Island Red rooster rooster a few months later when everyone was ready. His name is Little Jerry Seinfeld and he's been the best.

Our current flock is 10 hens and Jerry and we have: (2) RIR hens, (1) barred rock hen, (2) delaware hens, (1) lavender ameraucana, (1) black cochin, (2) sapphire gem hens, and we kept one "big red broiler" from McMurray hatchery to breed with Jerry and see what happens (if you already know... let us know!).

My boyfriend, JD, and I have three dogs and love to hike, backpack, camp, and fish. We run a small business making fishing nets out of flame cured bamboo. It's part of our long term homesteading plan.

I've been lurking for YEARS and finally joined so that I could ask more specific questions about breeding our flock (stay tuned, cause I'm posting my first question as soon as I'm finished here... Eager chicken nerd all the way...).

Hey everyone!

I'm so glad to be here and can't wait to learn everything I can. I got the first chicks for my flock in March of this year (2021) and added a Rhode Island Red rooster rooster a few months later when everyone was ready. His name is Little Jerry Seinfeld and he's been the best.

Our current flock is 10 hens and Jerry and we have: (2) RIR hens, (1) barred rock hen, (2) delaware hens, (1) lavender ameraucana, (1) black cochin, (2) sapphire gem hens, and we kept one "big red broiler" from McMurray hatchery to breed with Jerry and see what happens (if you already know... let us know!).

My boyfriend, JD, and I have three dogs and love to hike, backpack, camp, and fish. We run a small business making fishing nets out of flame cured bamboo. It's part of our long term homesteading plan.

I've been lurking for YEARS and finally joined so that I could ask more specific questions about breeding our flock (stay tuned, cause I'm posting my first question as soon as I'm finished here... Eager chicken nerd all the way...).
Hello and :welcome we are so glad you joined!
I have a Cochin! Is yours a bantam or regular size?

Back
Top Bottom