Hey everyone! I'm Paul...

Paul C.

Hatching
May 21, 2017
Hi there,

My name is Paul. I am new to raising and keeping chickens. I have done a lot of research before I jumped in, and so many times, BYC was a top hit for my Googled questions.

I now have fifty chickens, and five guineas. All my chickens are supposed to be hens. Here is a list of my breeds:
Black Australorp
Barred Rock
Buff Orpington
Rhode Island Red
Americana & Auracana
Golden Laced Wyandot

My wife, myself, and our four year old recently bought a small house on six acres. We wanted dual purpose birds, and I wanted "working" birds to scratch and scatter compost. We have a decent amount of folks wanting to buy eggs. We took that number into account before we purchased the amount we have.

We also have some harlequin rabbits, one doe, one buck, and two litters growing; she gave us a litter of seven, and just recently a litter of eleven. The rabbits are for food, fur, and sale.

We have a pitbull/bull mastiff mix, and stray cat from the pound.

We have always done a lot of gardening, and that has seriously increased. Our son enjoys it all with us! Samuel has a barred rock chick that follows him around the barn, and just seems to love being held. It's the cutest thing with a flock of 50!

I can't wait for eggs!!! I am also looking forward to being with other people who are crazy for these birds too.

That's some good breeds you have there! I love Barred Rocks, Orpingtons, Black Aurstralorp and RIRs! I only have BOs so far! :D

Hi there! You can call me CC! I decided not to put my real name out there. Welcome to BYC! I hope you enjoy it; I know I do. I am a homeschooler, working on having a homestead, and I own a farming blog with my sister.

www.bootsandchickenpoop.wix.com/mysite

I love the song "Fearless" (I forgot who it's from! :lol:), I love the country and Tennessee. I have a bunny, 12 chickens, 2 ducks, 4 cats, 2 dogs and one Fancy Goldfish. (I don't think I'm forgetting anyone! :lau)

P.S
My phone has been going a little wacky, so it might look weird! :p

Hi Paul and welcome to BYC and congrats on your new flock.

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/category/learning-center.11/ and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread#post_3239224

All the best

CT

Back
Top Bottom