Hey Everyone, New to BYC and Chickens in general.

cncarter7276

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 19, 2013
Hello everyone,
I have been reading the forums for a few weeks now trying to learn as much as I can about chickens. For some reason I would always read the forums but had not actually joined yet, I am not sure why. But today I starting thinking that this is the best place to be in order to meet and interacted with others who also enjoy raising chickens, etc.

We live in a small neighborhood in South Carolina and although we are pretty much in the city we are very lucky that our one little neighborhood happens to not be within the lines of any of the city's / town's around us - only in the county limits. Being only in the county allows us to have much more freedoms with chickens, rabbits, ducks, etc. Of course I only recently learned this. All of the neighborhoods that border ours is within the city or town limits.

The house directly behind ours lives in a different neighborhood and belongs to the city and they have more regulations. I got a few funny looks from them when we were putting in our chicken coop / run and rabbit housing. :)

Anyway, I am looking forward to meeting everyone and exciting about learning more.

Nikki

Greetings from Kansas, Nikki, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our flock and happy you are able to keep chickens in your part of town! Have fun! If you want to chat with some locals you can check out the S.C. thread in the link below!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

Thank you both so much for the welcome. I will have to look over that thread you linked, thanks.

welcome-byc.gif

It is so great to have you here! I did the same thing was reading all the information on chickens here before I actually got them and designed a coop and then I finaly joined. I can't wait to see pictures of your coop! What kind of chickens do you plan on getting?

Thank you all for the welcomes. I will have to get some pictures up soon, maybe one day this week. Right now we have 6 red sex link hens, 1 pekin duck (in with the chickens), 5 rabbits, and just got the raised garden beds in and started this weekend for the garden. We are still working on finishing touches with the garden paths and I want to redo the rabbit boxes, but we will get there. :) Most of my family just kind of laughs at me, calling me a little farmer. But I am sure they will stop laughing when I start giving them fresh eggs, ect. My husband and children love it as much as I do though.

I have lived on our family farm all my life but I have learned so much on this forum , just wanted to say thank you!! My husband is working on my coop and run today. Should be done by middle of the week. Can't wait to get my babies "out of the house". Lol

Back
Top Bottom