Hey Everyone!

Peggysaurus

Songster
Sep 24, 2019
Spotsylvania, Virginia
Hey, guys! I'm new to BYC and I'm loving it so far! I've been wanting to join BYC ever since I found this site and got my first batch of pullets about a year ago. I have 5 Plymouth Rock hens and a couple of months ago I bought 4 Sapphire Gem pullets (not completely sure that they all are pullets, though :confused:). We have just recently built a small chicken coop for the Sapphire Gems (they just moved outside 2 nights ago :)) and we are making plans to build a bigger run for all of them. I have one dog named Marley who loves to be around the chickens 24/7 ( although, I don't think the chickens could say the same thing about her). My family and I live on a small farm and we enjoy sitting on the back porch listening to the chickens all afternoon. I'm so excited to be joining BYC and I can't wait to meet people who enjoy raising chickens as much as I do! :)

016AC135-5D95-4C86-8396-3AD7245E655D.jpeg

Hey, guys! I'm new to BYC and I'm loving it so far! I've been wanting to join BYC ever since I found this site and got my first batch of pullets about a year ago. I have 5 Plymouth Rock hens and a couple of months ago I bought 4 Sapphire Gem pullets (not completely sure that they all are pullets, though :confused:). We have just recently built a small chicken coop for the Sapphire Gems (they just moved outside 2 nights ago :)) and we are making plans to build a bigger run for all of them. I have one dog named Marley who loves to be around the chickens 24/7 ( although, I don't think the chickens could say the same thing about her). My family and I live on a small farm and we enjoy sitting on the back porch listening to the chickens all afternoon. I'm so excited to be joining BYC and I can't wait to meet people who enjoy raising chickens as much as I do! :)

Welcome to the forum, home of the best group of sticky shoe'd people on the net.

From my own mistake, if she's flushing them, pretty much anything that looks like predatory instinct, keep a close eye on her. Don't let her be alone with them. My little mutt went almost six months, and never touched them, then wham, six in a couple of hours. He taught the others to "hunt" too. In hindsight, I should have broken the behavior long before he ever got ahold of one.

Back
Top Bottom