Hey from Arkansas!

wixychixy

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 2, 2013
Arkansas
We raised chickens and ducks when I was growing up. I'm excited now that I'm finally buying a place so I can have animals and get started with my own flock. Just got five hens and a rooster about a week ago and so far they've been laying eggs 5/5 every day.
big_smile.png

Love this site! It has been really helpful with hatching in an incubator. We never used an incubator and just got chicks if and when they hatched (mostly when). MIL uses an incubator and gave me a small one to get started. I've got 13 started in the incubator right now (with a loss of a few to a 3-year-old who loves his new chicken eggs). I have one dark green egg that I imagine will be a challenge to candle. Not sure I'll be able to see much besides the air sac in it.

So happy for you! I used to live in an area where I couldn't have chickens and I've always wanted some. Now we have moved where I can have them! Never tried hatching eggs and don't have a rooster. Hope all goes well. :)

Aww, thanks Mr MKK and sourland.
smile.png

So glad to have found a site with nice people. I don't care for the ones with people mostly in sour moods.

Back
Top Bottom