Hey from Nashville

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Congratulations on the broody hen hatch!

Thanks for the welcome!  Yes I have 5 chickens (I started with 12).   Yesterday my broody (who decided to sit on Christmas) hatched out 2 of her eggs...she's the first broody I've had so I'm excited I feel like a grandma! My egg chickens free range I have some ag property in Joelton (still Nashville but not)...and I'm hoping to get into raising some purebred chickens. Right now I only have EEs and one brown leghorn lady. :) 

What kind/s are you looking for? We're south of Nashville, but my OH works in Bellevue...

What kind/s are you looking for? We're south of Nashville, but my OH works in Bellevue...
Just egg layers :) I started out with just some tractor supply chicks and then we lost a few due to the neighbors dog. I've had my EEs for about a year now. I have only one hen from my original batch of chicks and shes the brown leghorn. I really don't care what color they lay ...just looking for some good layers. I have one broody on the nest and 2 of her chicks hatched last night....another one went broody and I was going to try and slip some day old chicks under her but theyre hard to find this time of year. I have a coop that can fit 40 chickens and there is only 4 in it :(

Thanks for the welcome! Yes I have 5 chickens (I started with 12). Yesterday my broody (who decided to sit on Christmas) hatched out 2 of her eggs...she's the first broody I've had so I'm excited I feel like a grandma! My egg chickens free range I have some ag property in Joelton (still Nashville but not)...and I'm hoping to get into raising some purebred chickens. Right now I only have EEs and one brown leghorn lady. :)

Congratulations on the successful hatch! Our EEs are my granddaughter's (pictured in my avatar) favorite chickens. She loves their colored eggs.

Back
Top Bottom