Hey from NC

Kat5185

In the Brooder
Aug 14, 2016
Eastern North Carolina
First I have to say, I love this place!! A site where like minded people can talk, get advice, buy, sell, trade, and so much more!!! That said, I'd like to reach out to anyone in eastern NC! I'm a happily married, mother of 4 boys. We recently bought 31 acres in Pender County. I can't watch to watch my children grow up raising livestock and growing our own foods. We are very much spoiled city folks, with a bit if a country attitude! I have 9 white leghorns, 24 cortunix quail, and a sweet turquoise conure!! We move to our new home (finishing the build now) within the next month! I'm very excited to start this new chapter of our lives! We'd like to someday have more chickens, some horses, a few pigs, maybe even a cow, and definitely a peacock!! If there's anyone in this area that could lead me in the right direction, give me advice, (I know I'll need it) or just looking to say hey to a new neighbor, feel free to reach out!!
[/IMG][/IMG]

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! Those sound like done great plans you have there for the future :D It sounds like a great adventure for you and your family. I see you have found your state thread, I'm sure you will really enjoy chatting with other members in your area.

Wishing you the very best of luck for the future and enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

Hi and welcome to BYC, thanks for joining us and i wish you the best of luck in your "new" lives - you must all be very excited.

Best wishes
CT

welcome-byc.gif
so glad you have joined us and congrats on your new adventure.

Sounds like we have a similar background - I grew up a "city gal" and shocked everyone when I made plans to start a garden and OMG get chickens.

Most of those folks still think I'm a little crazy but IMO they are just jealous
wink.png

Good luck with the build and the move -

I've been overwhelmed with greetings and love from everyone at BYC.. Thank you so much! We really are excited! A few years ago, I got a message on MySpace (haha more than a few years now, about 7) that I had a newborn, nephew in FL that was in foster care. It took us a long time but we've had full "permanent" custody of him for almost 4 years now. He's been a huge inspiration for this lifestyle change. He is very loving and affectionate but he has lived a difficult life in the 3 short years before we got him home. He loves animals (he's the only one that has bonded with our conure, Milo)(and I believe I posted a pic of him already!!) So I'm thrilled to see him and my other boys thrive in a farm like setting. Lots of land to explore, (way less video games) learning about the facts of life through animals, growing their own foods, gaining confidence through trial and error, just so many wonderful things that I personally feel this city we're in can't provide... Everything in me says this is the way we should be living!!! So thank you again for the support, it means a great deal to me!!

Back
Top Bottom