Hey from NYC.

Zud

Songster
Jan 1, 2020
New York City
Hey there!
My wife and I are brand new to raising chickens, though we've wanted to for some time.
Finally pulled the trigger and our 5 baby chicks arrived almost 3 weeks ago.
We have:
1 x Rhode Island Red (Birdadette Peters)
1 x Black Australorp (Emily Chickenson)
1 x Barred Plymouth Rock (Jane Aust-Hen)
2 x Easter Eggers (Eleanor Roostevelt and Chikira)
So far our girls have just been really fun to watch and hang out with. They all have incredible personalities.
We are into gardening, theater, the beach, art, music...
We are also pet parents to two cats, Atticus and Duck. We've been teaching them to look, don't eat the chickens, though Duck does have an impulse to "pet" them.
I work in the film industry, when I'm not playing hobby farmer, which inconveniently has us situated in NYC, but we've managed to find a spot to make it all work in a quiet neighborhood in the Bronx.
We found BYC just by googling to learn what we were getting ourselves into, and are finally jumping on now that we're officially bird guardians.

Nice to be here!

Thanks! I've drawn up the plans but the weather's been really rainy. Hoping to get it done in the next two or three weeks and get the girls out there. They're getting big fast and are going to outgrown their brooder before we know it.
Please let us know if you would like advice on your plans... We for sure don't mind giving it around here. 😁

Back
Top Bottom