Hey Gang! Whatcha think of my plans and Rooster issue?

I am calling the feed store that told me they can get me anything, and has so far .... I mean they got me a Dorking and Buttercup .... how hard can it be to get a Golden Sebright?
th.gif

Gg .... is this my wife incognito???
tongue.png

lau.gif
NO SORRY!!! just logged on to your thread....I've been raising chicks! She sees your ways by now....she might as well get used to it....like my husband. FIRST I was NOT going to keep ANY roosters.....now I think I might breed my chickens and have an ENDLESS supply of chicks and chickens running around!!!!!!!
celebrate.gif
(my husband)
ep.gif
!!!!!! X1000

Quote:

lau.gif
NO SORRY!!! just logged on to your thread....I've been raising chicks! She sees your ways by now....she might as well get used to it....like my husband. FIRST I was NOT going to keep ANY roosters.....now I think I might breed my chickens and have an ENDLESS supply of chicks and chickens running around!!!!!!!
celebrate.gif
(my husband)
ep.gif
!!!!!! X1000
Yeah .... she is so on to me! Lol! Picking up my Australorps, Light Brahmas, and Partridge Rocks tomorrow .... and??????? :D Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Wow congrats on your stunning coop and beautiful assortment of babies! You will have some gorgeous yard art for sure!
clap.gif

Now for my 2 cents worth on your next "round" of chicks ..... lol I would definitley purchase more Orpingtons... you just can't go wrong with them. 1: they are stunning, big fluffy puff balls 2: they are prolific, excellent layers of LARGE delicious brown eggs 3: they are SO sweet and docile, all my girls come up to me and want to be petted and held. ;) 4: they make exceptional mothers

They also come in many exquisite colors such as Lavender, Blue, Splash etc.

(ha ha I'm really helping your addiction aren't I?)

Good luck and have fun!!! I love the pics!!

-Peaches

Peaches ..... Peaches ..... Peaches ... I just got off the phone with my local TSC and they have BUFF ORPINGTONS!!!! I called just in case they had a breed I might want .... and they have BOs .... so it would be a travesty to not get a couple more to add to the two I already have ...... wouldn't it????? :D

yippiechickie.gif
LOVE IT!!!! CHEERING you on!!!! What she doesn't know yet is she will fall in love too.....then what.....? Both of you will be in "chicken love"
love.gif
I am waiting for my hubby to catch up....... He has already started "checking" on them and talks to them....when I am not looking! It is only a matter of time.....
clap.gif

yippiechickie.gif
LOVE IT!!!! CHEERING you on!!!! What she doesn't know yet is she will fall in love too.....then what.....? Both of you will be in "chicken love"
love.gif
I am waiting for my hubby to catch up....... He has already started "checking" on them and talks to them....when I am not looking! It is only a matter of time.....
clap.gif
She has already started! She raises meal worms for them and her bluebirds ... SHE is THEIR favorite! :D

BTW....I got Araucanas, Lavender Orpingtons, and Blue Laced Red Wyandottes.......I LOVE them. They are so colorful! Don't want to get you started on something else....your wife will kill us all! But....they are gorgeous! I am excited to see them full grown you really never know what you have until the true feathers come in. My neighbor likes the Lavender Orpingtons best and has already asked me about breeding her some chicks!

I just want to say that CONGRATS! I'm new to this whole BYC thing too.I apologize for you not being able to get Roosters. I do not have any, i hear their a bit of a pain. I think that your coop will be great it sounds really spectaculuar.

I just want to say that CONGRATS! I'm new to this whole BYC thing too.I apologize for you not being able to get Roosters. I do not have any, i hear their a bit of a pain. I think that your coop will be great it sounds really spectaculuar.

Rose .. I have 2 roosters ... my neighbors are dairy farmers an sweet as can be .. they laughed when I asked if they would mind
clap.gif
Thank you for the kind words!

BTW....I got Araucanas, Lavender Orpingtons, and Blue Laced Red Wyandottes.......I LOVE them. They are so colorful! Don't want to get you started on something else....your wife will kill us all! But....they are gorgeous! I am excited to see them full grown you really never know what you have until the true feathers come in. My neighbor likes the Lavender Orpingtons best and has already asked me about breeding her some chicks!

I kinda put 2 Golden Laced Wyandottes on hold for pickup one week for tomorrow
lau.gif
You see, my wife wanted me to get a couple of Golden Sebrights ... I can't get any easily, so I showed her the GLW and she loved them ... sooooooooo.....

So 6ish to pick up tomorrow from feed store ... TSC also has Buff Orpingtons in stock
duc.gif
and 2 more ...ish .. to pick up next Friday ... oh the agony!
gig.gif

Chicken Math is the devil
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom