Hey Howdy Hey!

Jensawesome

Chirping
Apr 30, 2017
Iowa
Hello errybody! New chicken mom to 4 buff Orpington chicks. We got them about a month ago at our local farm store. We are patiently waiting to see if we've taken on 4 ladies (hope so since no Roos allowed here) and thinking about ordering 2 definite lady golden laced wyanndottes. We also just had a severe storm that left our brand new coop smashed to bits so trying to build a new coop in under 2 weeks

Welcome to BYC.
Sorry to hear your new coop was destroyed...
hopefully you are able to build this next one more "sturdier" so it survives the next storm.

Yeah, we ordered it online and were in the process of painting it and securing it to the ground when 70 mph winds got a hold of it ☹️ Lesson learned!

A lot of coops kits, etc. are not made to stand up to weather - they just look cute. But they are flimsy and no where near large enough to house the number of birds they say it will hold.

Glad no casualties.

Sadly, we wasted money learning the hard way! But, most definitely happy that the kids are still indoors for now.

Wow!!! I hope you get the coop done! :hugs

Hi there! You can call me CC! I decided not to put my real name out there. Welcome to BYC! I hope you enjoy it; I know I do. I am a homeschooler, working on having a homestead, and I own a farming blog with my sister.

www.bootsandchickenpoop.wix.com/mysite

I love the song "Fearless" (I forgot who it's from! :lol:), I love the country and Tennessee. I have a bunny, 12 chickens, 2 ducks, 4 cats, 2 dogs and one Fancy Goldfish. (I don't think I'm forgetting anyone! :lau)

P.S
My phone has been going a little wacky, so it might look weird! :p

Wow!!! I hope you get the coop done! :hugs

Hi there! You can call me CC! I decided not to put my real name out there. Welcome to BYC! I hope you enjoy it; I know I do. I am a homeschooler, working on having a homestead, and I own a farming blog with my sister.

www.bootsandchickenpoop.wix.com/mysite

I love the song "Fearless" (I forgot who it's from! :lol:), I love the country and Tennessee. I have a bunny, 12 chickens, 2 ducks, 4 cats, 2 dogs and one Fancy Goldfish. (I don't think I'm forgetting anyone! :lau)

P.S
My phone has been going a little wacky, so it might look weird! :p

Nice to meet you! My screenname is always the same no matter where I am :)

I am so jealous of the patience homeschool moms have that I don't have. I wish I could but I'm just not a teacher type for children. I work with intellectual disabilities which is taxing enough :(
I also wish I had a homestead and know I'll get there one day but right now I'm just trying to make it through my wedding in July!
My hobbies include knitting basic scarves and hats and I just recently started making soap which I love!!!!

We have an American bulldog named Zelda and she's a lump of lazy.
Together the fiancé and I have 3 kids 1his 1mine 1 ours. They're so excited to be "chicken puppy" parents

Back
Top Bottom