Hey I need some help

Sep 25, 2018
So I just made an incubator and have been monitoring it for about a little while now and it has been in the 97- 101 degrees zone and my humidity is at 60%. Could eggs still hatch or does it need to be near 70% as I've read? Also if it does need to be there how could I increase humidity. Thx

Humidity during the first 18 days is most often lower(30-50%) and adjusted depending on air cell growth or weighing. During actual hatching it's best to have it between 70-80%.
Both may depend on the ambient humidity in the room where the incubator is running.

Test/calibrate your thermometers and hygrometers.
Here's how I do mine:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...incubator-thermometers-and-hygrometers.73634/

So I just made an incubator and have been monitoring it for about a little while now and it has been in the 97- 101 degrees zone and my humidity is at 60%. Could eggs still hatch or does it need to be near 70% as I've read? Also if it does need to be there how could I increase humidity. Thx
First of all :welcome
there was one year that I was incubating and I paid no attention to my humidity whatsoever. I think it was around the 20s :D but it was my best year. I wouldn't worry about it all too much. be a responsible hatcher and don't do what I did.

Back
Top Bottom