Hey, I'm FreeRangeSilkie! And I have a question......

My question is about my white oldest Silkie named Max. She is a double bearded or something like that. The problem is she just can't see through her feathers. Is there anything i can do to help her?? I would love for her the be able to see again. Thanks!

frow.gif
I posted a link that may help on your other thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/297632/silkie-thread

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us! I think trimming her feathers would be the best thing to do. Chickens need to be able to see properly, especially if there are predators around.

Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great advice already so I'll just say hello!

All the best
CT

Lots of folks trim back the crest and beards so their silkies can see their surroundings. & predators moving in. People often think they are stupid, they are not. Once they can see clearly their IQ rises. Best to use a scissors with rounded tips -less chance of accidentally nipping the wrong places. You might have an assistant wrap a towel around the birds body and hold on their lap, while you trim . It will grow back.

Back
Top Bottom