Hey! New Here and Wanted To Ask Something...

LilJoe

Crowing
5 Years
Jul 15, 2016
Missouri
Not an important question really my but is it normal 3 month old roosters is trying to get a bunch of hens in his flock so early? I have two flocks and he's in one of em' (of course) and the other flock, which is hopefully all hens, is being followed by him and his flock. Is he actually trying to get "ladies" or what? Thanks!

Last edited:
Not an important question really but 3 month old roosters try to get a bunch of hens in his flock so early? I have two flocks and he's in one of em' (of course) and the other flock, which is hopefully all hens, is being followed by him and his flock. Is he actually trying to get "ladies" or what? Thanks!

Probably trying to get some more ladies.
My lower down roosters follow my dominant rooster and his hens around hoping to snag a few hens that aren't great followers.

That's what I that he was doing
263a.png
But thank you I Love Layers!

Welcome to the coop! There are no uimportant questions. I'm lucky I found this group, chicken people are by and large the most honest, kind down to earth people ever! I have learned so much and now I can try to help other people also. I love seeing other people's ideas and helpful advice. Everything from poultry and gardens to predators, recipes and gadgets. Also, you can get involved with local groups so when there is a show or fair you can meet up with other BYCers!

Welcome to the coop! There are no uimportant questions.  I'm lucky I found this group, chicken people are by and large the most honest, kind  down to earth people ever! I have learned so much and now I can try to help other people also. I love seeing other people's ideas and helpful advice.  Everything from poultry and gardens to predators, recipes and gadgets. Also, you can get involved with local groups so when there is a show or fair you can meet up with other BYCers!
:)

Back
Top Bottom