Hey there, hi there, ho there

Whisper

In the Brooder
10 Years
Oct 2, 2009
Hi y'all, I'm Whisper. I have a small backyard flock flying under the radar of local laws and ordinances. Currently I have 2 EE hens, an EE rooster, and a Black Australorp hen. The rooster was a "surprise" in a batch of pullets, and the other two Australorps got chased and squished by my Great Dane puppy. I'm feeling a little short on chickens, so I have 3 feather-footed "surprise" pullet chicks coming in 2 weeks, along with 9 straight run "surprise" bantam chicks.

Of course, in addition to the Great Dane, with his proven ability to use hens as chewtoys, now I have a Pyrenees mix puppy who loves to dig under fences. I think I'll be making some alterations to my little chicken yard, fairly soon.

Oh, and I have a bunch of kids, too. But this is about my chicken addiction! lol

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from NJ! See you've gotten bitten by the chicken bug. LOL Post pics when you can!

Welcome I too am flying under the radar with 34 chickens in the back yard of a sub-division house. So this is a way fun to have an addiction. From Western Washington

Back
Top Bottom