Hey there! I am new here but been following for years:)

tjchix

In the Brooder
Apr 12, 2021
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I grew up with chickens on our small family farm in upstate NY but as an adult, got my first chickens about 6 years ago to share with my daughter who is now 10.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? We currently have 15 chickens: 3 from our first batch 6 years ago and we just got 12 more in early March.

(3) What breeds do you have? We have one black australoup, 2 silver laced wyandottes who are our older gals:). Our new chicks consist of: 1 sapphire gem olive egger, one rhode island red, one blue or lavendar orpington, one buff orp, 2 barred rocks, 2 easter eggers, and 4 mystery rare breeds. One of which I think might be a blue laced red wyandotte and the other three are a mystery... possibly some mix of orps or EEs?

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? We love the eggs, the snuggles we get from our girls, and I love the responsibility and connection to animals it gives my daughter. The chickens and our dogs are pets that my daughter can have without flaring up her allergies:)

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Gardening, hiking, art in general.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I am a professional photographers by trade, I have one daughter and 2 golden doodles and a very tolerant husband;)

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D I found BYC years ago when we got our first batch of girls-it was and continues to be such a great resource for me on how to raise our chickens.

Congratulations on finally joining! It is so much more fun when you are actually a part of the group and can participate in discussions, offer and ask opinions.

Sounds like you have a lovely flock and will have a beautiful egg basket when everyone contributes.

Welcome to BYC; it's good to meet you! Best wishes with your newest additions.

Back
Top Bottom