Hey there!

LucyAndClaire

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 16, 2014
Hi everyone, I'm new to BYC and I'm pretty excited about starting!
I have 6 chickens; 2 Wyandotte hens; Lucy and Claire, a Wyandotte cockerel; Henry, a plain old Black hen; Gina (we have no idea what breed) and 2 Bantams (hen and cockerel) ; Tutti and Frutti. Surprisingly, the two cockerels do not fight at all because I have heard some pretty nasty stories including 2 cockerels.
Is it weird I name my chickens? :D
I'm looking forward to chatting to others about their chickens and sharing photos!
So see you soon! :D

No it's not weird you name I've had my chickens for almost a year and never named them I need to I just can't think of any names :/ lol but I have 9 chickens 2 roosters and 7 hens !!

Hi there,
frow.gif
and welcome to BYC!

It is not weird at all. Lots of us name our birds. I think naming them allows us to identify them easier, hence paying more attention to them and in turn, we can spot when a bird is a bit off or ill. And some birds can even learn their names! I have a few chickens and even a couple quail that do respond to their names. LOL

Great to have you aboard and enjoy all your poultry adventures!

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
Its not weird at all that you name my hens. I name almost all of my birds; you'll find that most of the people on this forum do!

Back
Top Bottom