hey, they still like me

TLWR

Crowing
11 Years
Jul 10, 2010
southern AL
Nothing like something scary to show you the ducks still love you LOL

I had the ducks out in the yard with me today. DH came out to offer a 2nd set of hands if I needed them (first time loose in the yard).
The neighbors horses were near the fence (can't see to the fence due to trees/shrubs) and made their horse noises and scared the crap out of the ducks. They tilted their heads and made a beeline for me. Good to know I'm still useful to them LOL

Taught 2 of them how to climb the deck stairs to get back to their pen on the deck. Had to have DH help me get Cadbury though. She was in the dog yard and I didn't want to herd her for fear of her trying to climb through the lattice under the deck and hurting herself.

IMG_2343.jpg

IMG_2266.jpg

one happy ducklet
IMG_2421.jpg

Such sweet little runner ducklings you have. Runners are so easily trained for ramps. Never tried the step training. Good job. It's definitely possible to keep them loving - giant meal worms seems to do the trick even after they are all grown up. Enjoy your ducklings.

I've trained my ducks to walk up stairs to the deck too. I actually placed 4x4 blocks in between, which made it easy for them to walk up. They no longer need it, but it did make a difference when they were smaller.

Back
Top Bottom