The magic of clipping a duck-sized hole

I love your muscovy! They are beautiful. And clean if they bathe twice a day. Two of my muscovy drakes virtually never bathe and get hosed down. My third bathes once a day if the water is clean in his wading pool. He is fussy about his water, unless he is excluding a new boy from the pool

I have a smaller version of your ducky courtyard that I use when I have a new duck needing. integration. I use a temporary dog pen around the coop entrance, attached like your fence with carabiners. The advantage of using a dog pen is that it comes with a gate in one section. I haven't needed to modify with a ducky door as I am excluding the older boys and keeping the new boy safe in the 'see no touch' period. I put the new boy to bed in a dog crate in the coop first, then fold back the dog pen to let the older boys in! The photo from January this year is of Louie Wilson my newest pekin rescue, with Pato one of my muscovy drakes outside the pen at the back. Louie is now integrated during the day but still sleeps in a dog crate inside the coop

20240101_103334.jpg

Back
Top Bottom