Hey y’all! 👋

Mamahen902

In the Brooder
Jun 2, 2020
Hey! My family and friends call me mama hen!! We live in Nova Scotia, Canada! I have 3 children 2 girls and a boy.
I currently have a good sized flock underway!
last fall I had to unknowingly adopt a flock of 11 chickens. Not knowing much about chickens other then what a friend could tell me, I took this flock in, it was a hard winter as I wasn’t sure what I was doing. But we managed to get through it with 7 survivors!!
I now am obsessed with chickens!! I have 3 showgirls who are my baby’s, between 4-7 weeks, I have 6 polish that are 5 weeks, 8 Americana that are just being introduced to my hens and roosters at 6 weeks old. They only have an hour of supervised time with the flock then spend the rest of the day in a private run, for a couple weeks anyways!

I have 20 chicks that we hatched in the incubator, 8 of them pure barred rocked, and the rest are Easter eggers I guess. They were a mix of green and pink eggs of 2 of my hens, one is an astrolop but not sure what the others are and not sure what my roosters are either! I’m not too familiar with the breeds yet!

I have my incubator running again with 31 eggs in it! And my hen Went broody and is sitting on 12 eggs! Which should start to hatch soon!!

we have meat hens coming this month as well! And we also raise pigs!! And put in a pretty good sized garden! This little
Hobby farm takes up most of my tome but when I’m not here I’m usually at the gym working out or at the beach!! Or a lake or a river!! Fishing or swimming!! We are also lobster fishers as well!! And our season is from April 30 to June 30, so it’s been a very busy last month! Luckily I had the kids home during all of it to learn a little more then they were able to during this time! They are enjoying every aspect of this!!

chicken-shaming18.jpg
:lol: :welcome :frow

Hey! My family and friends call me mama hen!! We live in Nova Scotia, Canada! I have 3 children 2 girls and a boy.
I currently have a good sized flock underway!
last fall I had to unknowingly adopt a flock of 11 chickens. Not knowing much about chickens other then what a friend could tell me, I took this flock in, it was a hard winter as I wasn’t sure what I was doing. But we managed to get through it with 7 survivors!!
I now am obsessed with chickens!! I have 3 showgirls who are my baby’s, between 4-7 weeks, I have 6 polish that are 5 weeks, 8 Americana that are just being introduced to my hens and roosters at 6 weeks old. They only have an hour of supervised time with the flock then spend the rest of the day in a private run, for a couple weeks anyways!

I have 20 chicks that we hatched in the incubator, 8 of them pure barred rocked, and the rest are Easter eggers I guess. They were a mix of green and pink eggs of 2 of my hens, one is an astrolop but not sure what the others are and not sure what my roosters are either! I’m not too familiar with the breeds yet!

I have my incubator running again with 31 eggs in it! And my hen Went broody and is sitting on 12 eggs! Which should start to hatch soon!!

we have meat hens coming this month as well! And we also raise pigs!! And put in a pretty good sized garden! This little
Hobby farm takes up most of my tome but when I’m not here I’m usually at the gym working out or at the beach!! Or a lake or a river!! Fishing or swimming!! We are also lobster fishers as well!! And our season is from April 30 to June 30, so it’s been a very busy last month! Luckily I had the kids home during all of it to learn a little more then they were able to during this time! They are enjoying every aspect of this!!
Welcome to BYC! You won’t regret joining!

Back
Top Bottom