Hey yall new member from Lancing Tennessee

Thank you!! She has green and yellow diaharra and was raspy but not really now extremely lethargic won't move much have to give her drink with dropper and won't eat hardly unless it's Itty bitty here's a poop pic from 2 days ago Felt food in crop. She hasn't started laying yet but wondered if she tried to and got egg bound or having intestinal problems??
What is her posture like? Is she puffed up and "huddling"?
The green poop may be because she isn't eating much.
Do they have oyster shell on the side?
Any signs of respiratory illness, such as runny eyes or noisy breathing?
You might want to address all of this in a post in the emergency sub-forum. We have several knowledgeable members who may be able to help.

Yes she is puffed up and huddling, we don't have oyster shells but we have grit with probiotic and black soldier fly larvae but just got it and she won't hardly touch it. Her eyes are fine she did have noisy breathing but has gotten better. Okay I will do that thank you so much!! I really appreciate your help

Hey!! Thank you! I've got 6 golden comets! Only had them a week, I do have one thats sick right now :( I've been feeding probiotic water and scrambled eggs. They are about 6-7 months old!
Welcome to BYC!
Who did you buy the birds from?
Do you happen to have a link to the seller's advertisement?

They should be laying if they are that old.

Since you just got them, I'm guessing you don't know exactly what they have been eating for the last 6 months.
The poop you posted a picture of does not look good and it looks like poop from a bird that is suffering from something serious.

Birds that are fed lots of treats, especially this type of high production bird, have much higher chances of getting serious infection in their egg laying parts.

Unfortunately there may not be much you can do but you can learn how to tube feed and water her and offer antibiotics to see if she gets better.

hey thanks!! It was a guy local that posted them online for sale. But he said he got them from someone else and now had to many. He said he fed layer crumbles when I asked what he recommends. Yeah very true!! Thank you so much for advice that's what I'm gonna try!!

Back
Top Bottom