Hey y'all!

Veatch81

In the Brooder
Jul 12, 2016
Long time farm kid first time chicken farmer!!! :) grew up raising horses and cattle. Live on the out skirts of the big city now thought it'd be fun for me and my two boys to raise some chickens. Thought we'd buy a few and hatch a few. Always wanted to try hatching some eggs. Thank you in advance for any help and info y'all pass along. :)

Long time farm kid first time chicken farmer!!!
smile.png
grew up raising horses and cattle. Live on the out skirts of the big city now thought it'd be fun for me and my two boys to raise some chickens. Thought we'd buy a few and hatch a few. Always wanted to try hatching some eggs. Thank you in advance for any help and info y'all pass along.
smile.png

Welcome to BYC!

Chicken math, some examples : if you get a roo (male) replace it with two (females). Chicks do not count when you are totaling amount of birds you have. Bantams count as only 1/2 chicken. Birds you received for free - don't add to your total.

After a while you will come up with more creative reasons for adding more to your flock.

Chicken math?
1f914.png

Chicken math to me means:
You originally wanted just 2 or 3 but bought 6 or 7.
You found out some were boys, so you had to get "rid" of them and bought 5 more.
2 of those 5 turned out to be boys too....
So you had to buy a few more...
and then you buy an incubator.....
then you find yourself ordering special hatching eggs....

It never stops!
You will never have just 3 hens!

Back
Top Bottom