Hey y'all!

Countrygirl1985

Chirping
Dec 7, 2018
I want to start off by saying "Thank you!" I recently (April 2018) got involved with chickens and ducks. I only have 9 chickens, 2 ducks, a toy poodle that thinks she is a rotwieler, a cat that could ride the short bus (no joke), and a squirrel at the moment, but I have high hopes to be able to welcome 5 more ducklings to the world VERY soon! I have learned a lot from reading answers to questions on this page, and you guys are awesome! I work as a Dependency Case Manager in child welfare (super stressful!!!) and taking care of my birds has been an outlet for me for the majority of the year. I love being outside, I can out-fish most men around where I'm from, I like to arrowhead/artifact hunt, and if I had a place on the river and about 20 acres of plowed field, I would be the most unproductive human being on earth! I have a bachelor's degree in psychology, and I have WAY TOO BIG of a heart to be a social worker. I LOVE animals other than snakes (I've been bit by a cottonmouth twice in the same incident), and me and my little zoo just survived Hurricane Michael at full force. It is rough right now, but all anyone can do is take it day by day. Thanks for adding me to the group!

smiley xmas hello.gif

Hi, it's nice to have you here with us! I want to hear more about the squirrel too...any pictures?

I want to start off by saying "Thank you!" I recently (April 2018) got involved with chickens and ducks. I only have 9 chickens, 2 ducks, a toy poodle that thinks she is a rotwieler, a cat that could ride the short bus (no joke), and a squirrel at the moment, but I have high hopes to be able to welcome 5 more ducklings to the world VERY soon! I have learned a lot from reading answers to questions on this page, and you guys are awesome! I work as a Dependency Case Manager in child welfare (super stressful!!!) and taking care of my birds has been an outlet for me for the majority of the year. I love being outside, I can out-fish most men around where I'm from, I like to arrowhead/artifact hunt, and if I had a place on the river and about 20 acres of plowed field, I would be the most unproductive human being on earth! I have a bachelor's degree in psychology, and I have WAY TOO BIG of a heart to be a social worker. I LOVE animals other than snakes (I've been bit by a cottonmouth twice in the same incident), and me and my little zoo just survived Hurricane Michael at full force. It is rough right now, but all anyone can do is take it day by day. Thanks for adding me to the group!
Hello there! We would love to see pictures of your flock and other animals! How did you get the squirrel? I’ve heard stories of people rescuing them from hurricanes and other natural disasters and then the squirrel bonds with them

Back
Top Bottom