Hey!!!!

Chicks n stuff

Chirping
Nov 29, 2022
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? No, I’ve been around chickens since I was born. My grandpa had hundreds of chickens, I practically live with my grandparents as mom worked two jobs. My grandpa had a big cabinet incubator, and before I was school aged I could sex chicks better than he could.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
More than you need. :)

(3) What breeds do you have?

Welsummers, Bielefelders, cream legbars, welbar, a barred rock, polishs, frizzled silkies, silkies, showgirls, a blue egg laying showgirl, a slow white, couple Ancona, a FBCM/silkie, a polish/silkie, naked neck polish(white crested black), smooth silkies, light Brahmas, Easter eggers and naked necks. Probably forgot a breed or two, but that’s what I’ve got now.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I love everything about chickens. But I especially like learning about genetics behind everything. I’m a sucker for a auto sexing breed, and silkies and naked necks.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I pick up other stuff just to leave it. Chickens are my constant.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Quail, Muscovy, a couple of great cats, two rotten dogs.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Google.

Welcome to BYC and the best of luck with your chicken journey!
:wee

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? No, I’ve been around chickens since I was born. My grandpa had hundreds of chickens, I practically live with my grandparents as mom worked two jobs. My grandpa had a big cabinet incubator, and before I was school aged I could sex chicks better than he could.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
More than you need. :)

(3) What breeds do you have?

Welsummers, Bielefelders, cream legbars, welbar, a barred rock, polishs, frizzled silkies, silkies, showgirls, a blue egg laying showgirl, a slow white, couple Ancona, a FBCM/silkie, a polish/silkie, naked neck polish(white crested black), smooth silkies, light Brahmas, Easter eggers and naked necks. Probably forgot a breed or two, but that’s what I’ve got now.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I love everything about chickens. But I especially like learning about genetics behind everything. I’m a sucker for a auto sexing breed, and silkies and naked necks.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I pick up other stuff just to leave it. Chickens are my constant.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Quail, Muscovy, a couple of great cats, two rotten dogs.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Google.
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom