Hey

Bufster2

In the Brooder
Jan 28, 2015
MO
Hey there!
I am new,but have had hens for awhile now.

My flock is a mixed flock with only one rooster.I live in Belton Mo,but my hens live in AdrianMo.I am llooking for anyone between here and there who is selling:production reds,Buckeye,Cochin,and/or Newhampshire.

Right now I have,barnyard mixes,Production reds,Newhampshires,buff orps golden,one mean redsexlink,Blacksexlink,and some australorps,easteregger,bantams,and I think I have named them all.

It's also ok to offer one rooster out of the chosen breed,I have about 19 or 20 birds and one rooster is under stressed.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. I've had all of your breeds and hybrids over the years, and you've got some egg laying machines. Black Sex Links are my favorites. I've raised them for years, and they are hardy and friendly, and have been my best layers, consistently churning out more than 300 eggs per hen per year. Australorps are my favorite standard breed (sex links are hybrids). My children, and now my granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) made lap pets out of our Australorps. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Thanks.

I am debating if I like my Buff or red,or black sexlink better.I have had a bond with both,both differ too!
My.Buff seems to like to be read,got this idea from another thread.

My Production red dust sun baths with me,comes to me to be petted,but she has been gettin chily and ignoring me!
My black is scared to death to be . Picked up,not much of a lap pet,could I have help?

Thanks.

I am debating if I like my Buff or red,or black sexlink better.I have had a bond with both,both differ too!
My.Buff seems to like to be read,got this idea from another thread.

My Production red dust sun baths with me,comes to me to be petted,but she has been gettin chily and ignoring me!
My black is scared to death to be . Picked up,not much of a lap pet,could I have help?

My sex links have usually been friendly (especially the Blacks) but have never been the lap pets that my Australorps, Orpingtons, Brahmas, Cochins, and Sussex have. All chickens, including sex links are much easier to tame if you start working at it when they are chicks. There is a good article at http://www.mypetchicken.com/backyar...-run-away-whenever-they-see-me-Can-I-H57.aspx on how to tame chicks, and I can tell you from experience that this method usually works.

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you have joined us.

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom