Heyyy from Omaha, Nebraska

BHamner87

In the Brooder
Jul 5, 2022
Hello, we are brand new to everything chickens. So, I am sure we will be here with lots of questions :)
Let's get started a bit about me and my wife.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We are bran spanking new to this!! Tried out hand at gardening this year and it has gone really well. The wife wanted Chickens and we have gone back and forth for a couple of years about it, and here we are.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We are building our coop as we speak

(3) What breeds do you have?
We have been looking at Easter Eggers and Jersey Giants

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
We are ready for the full benefits and I am sure we will learn more from you guys. We are looking a dual purpose chickens, for the long run when they are no longer producing eggs, we are so ready for fresh eggs and not buying store bought ones. We are excited for the benefits of the chickens to help fertilize our garden with how we will have the garden semi connected to the chicken coop.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Well as of this year, Gardening, hunting, fishing, ice fishing,

(6) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
We learned about this community by some google searching and our permit people suggested to check you guys out. so once they said the same one we had been looking at, it kind of confirmed it for us.

Back
Top Bottom