Hi all. New organic hobby Farmer and duck lover

thanks drumstick diva i will definitely check it out. as well as the duck forums.
well today was a challenge. one of my runner ducks had blood on her wings and the others were pecking at it. so i put her strait in her pen away from the others. ended up getting the first aid kit out. washed her wing and applied antiseptic( she also had scratches that were possibly caused by bites from her sisters. after that i put a little betadin on and washed it all out after an hour or so. at the same time i was treating her to some daily healthy treats including home grown kale for vitamin k to help clot the bleeding. anyways i ended up giving in to her quaks and put her with the others. they spotted the blood that dried on one of the feathers i hadn't hot watered out and made her bleed again. so back she was in the pen with me tending to her. i ended up snipping the feather that was hanging around as the blood wasnt washing off. all seems well. i want to post a video to show what happened to the area i applied antiseptic to but i need to get youtube or vimeo so a picture will do and i will update with the video another time . she is now making a full recovery. i was preening her for her at the time and she seemed to be loving it. her feathers are now almost back to normal. she will be 6 weeks old this coming monday so her feathers hadn't grown out in that area as well.

this is the area and it seems like it became none water proof. she is now hairy again after a combinateion of my finger preening and her preening as well

Welcome to BYC! Sounds like you're enjoying your poultry. Hope you like it here!

Back
Top Bottom