Hi all! Newbie looking to learn!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SixPlusChicks, Jun 15, 2016.

1. SixPlusChicks

SixPlusChicks Just Hatched

Jun 15, 2016
    Hi! Thank you for letting me join BackYardChickens! I've been visiting your site for a couple of months and thought it was time to join! My name is Katie. My husband and I decided to raise chickens early this spring. We have a 26 week old Lavendar Orpington rooster and 6 hens that are approximately 20 weeks old (per seller). Three are black Australorps and 3 are Rhode Island Reds. I am looking forward to learning as much as possible about the ins and outs of raising these chickens!

2. Elky

Elky Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2016
    In the Chicken Run
    Welcome to BYC!

3. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there Katie and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

You certainly have come to the right place for all the fun and learning!

Sounds like you have a wonderful flock! Orpingtons are THE best breed to keep, at least this is my humble opinion. LOL Very hardy birds, they can tolerate both heat and cold. they are great layers and very docile and friendly. I will never keep a flock without a few Orps in there.

Great to have you aboard Katie and we do welcome you to our flock! :)

4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome Katie

Glad you could join us here! What a lovely flock you have there! I'm sure you and your husband are enjoying this new adventure very much. It sure is fun keeping them and very rewarding too. Be sure to ask any questions that you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy you time here on BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Have you checked out the Learning Center? It has answers to questions, you don't even have yet.

6. Casper101Popcor

Casper101Popcor Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

Hope you have fun here! if you have a load of questions, we have a load of answers! There are so many seasoned people here hat are willing to give you a helping hand with chickens!

And I do love Orpingtons! Their so cute and kind!

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by