1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi all!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Citychick, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Citychick

Citychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2007
    Hello, I am new to this site and currently hatching what my husband refers to as a home invasion! We live in town with a big yard. And I am home all the time with a daycare and my kids. I am always out in the yard and love to garden. And I thought why not chickens? And the hubby said NO! I and so then I thought I want some chickens. So I got an incubator and eggs off of ebay. I wasn't impressed with the incubator so I bought a bigger one. Big mistake! They just looked so lonsome in that big thing all by themselves so I got more! And then One of my daughters friends who raises chickens brought some more! Well Now I have button quail due to hatch in two days and about thirty two chicken eggs hatching in the next two weeks! Gulp! It's a good thing my sister in law has a farm and wants the extras or we would be in big trouble if they all hatch! So I found this site ad was excited to talk to other people who like to raise chickens. Wish me luck! [​IMG]

2. tropical chicken

tropical chicken Out Of The Brooder

Jan 22, 2007
    St. Petersburg, Fl
    Hi there!! [​IMG] You have most definitely come to the right place, my dear!! Welcome to the madness of the chicken world....[​IMG]

3. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

That's certainly jumping in with both feet![​IMG]

4. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Welcome to BYC,
    I'am sure you know that once you become chicken-brained, there is no cure!
    Good Luck.
    bigzio

5. soonerdog

soonerdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi Citychick, You sound like the rest of us. You have just gotten started. ha,ha. This chicken thing is addictive. This could be the start of more to come. Enjoy your birds and goodluck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by