Hi all!

Katt66

Chirping
6 Years
Aug 10, 2013
Barnesville, PA
Hi! My name is Kristen. I'm from East Central PA. We always had chickens growing up, Rhode Island Reds, Barred Rocks, and White Leghorns mostly as well as a few random mutts and mixes. I've been away from for the past sixteen years though since I moved out on my own and got married and started raising a family. After working on him for years, I finally convinced my Hubby (a self proclaimed survivalist and prepper) that it would be a really good idea to have some chickens so we have fresh eggs when the world ends.

We've built a raised coop with a little enclosed run. Incubated about two dozen eggs from my Aunt's Easter Eggers. Out of those eggs, incubated in 2 separate batches, we got 5 chicks. The older ones are 7 weeks and the younger ones are 3 1/2 weeks old.

As this is my first adventure into chicken keeping on my own and my first time with these adorable splashy fluffy faced Easter Eggers I looked all over the web for advice, pictures, and information. And my search has led me time and again back to BackYard Chickens.com. So I thought it was about time I created an account and took a look around as a member.

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
I love how you described the chicks! LOL You've come to the right place for sure. Enjoy the site!

Welcome to the site! That's exactly how I ended up joining this site; the amount of information on here is fantastic.

Eggs at the end of the world! That's what my dad seems to believe will happen. I worry that eating the chickens themselves would prove more likely, but, who knows! Have to see what sort of apocalypse we have first.
roll.png

We just got our first Easter Egger and her little muffs are too cute to be comprehended. Good luck with your own! Hopefully they won't be as haughty as ours is.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom