Hi Everybody

BeautifulBird

In the Brooder
Dec 12, 2018
We are new peacock owners. We were given a beautiful 2.5 year old male named Jekyll on 7/4/18. He has been penned up since we brought him home. He seems to be getting use to us and all of the other animals we have.
We go in and feed him every morning and of course he can see us as we do our daily chores. My husband is home most days so he see him working in the yard as well. I think by spring he should be good to let roam. We are also going to put up a high perch for him once he leaves the pen we don't have any trees we live in the desert.
We want to get another peacock or maybe a peahen but I don't really want babies right now. Is it alright to have two males? If so how do I go about introducing them? What age should I try and purchase? I would like him to know me so I was hoping a little chick, but not sure if that is possible.
I guess I should put most of this in a new thread.

At any rate, I will be at this site a lot since I have no knowledge of peacocks.
Thank you and I look forward to being a part of this group.

Hi & :welcome

Great that you could join us all here! I’m afraid I don’t have experience of peafowl but I’m sure if you stop by our pea section the keepers there will be able to help you. You can start a new thread here ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/peafowl.51/

Good luck & enjoy your time here :frow

smiley xmas hello.gif

Hi! The only thing I know about peafowl is that they are beautiful. Best of luck getting another and thanks for joining us!

Back
Top Bottom