Hi Everybody!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by EMandJAKE, May 22, 2019.

1. EMandJAKE

EMandJAKE In the Brooder

May 14, 2019
    Hey all! My wife Emily and I are new around here and just wanted to say hello.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

We are new to chicken raising but have been around them with past family members.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
    We have 4 baby girls going on a week old as of tomorrow!

(3) What breeds do you have?
    We have a speckled Sussex (Florence), an Ameraucanas (Brenda), a copper Maran (Lois) and (Tina) an olive egger.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
    So far just watching them grow and run around chasing each other and digging around.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
    Other hobbies of ours are cooking, entertaining, traveling and I’m a carpenters apprentice.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
    Emily is a bartender and I’m a chef. We have worked in food and beverage for 20 years combined. We were married in October last year and we have an 11 year old bulldog Wally who is still not sure about his new sisters.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

We found BYC when scouting the web for tips on raising chicks. We decided we should be a part of the community if we wanted to eaves drop!
    5F97BA67-74E4-4EDA-84D7-8F5BCEB2240A.jpeg
    image.jpg E5B86642-417B-41F4-BED1-704D742721C6.jpeg

2. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Cyprinus carpio

Aug 17, 2016
    Salt Lake City, UT
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! We're glad you decided to join our wonderful community! :welcome

3. Sequel

Sequel Crowing

:weeHey! Hi! So glad you joined! Those are some cute chicks you have there! Keep the pics coming! :frow

4. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Hello and welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

This is a useful link of “How to” BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3. I’d suggest including your location using the guide in the preceding link. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard Chickens, the pulse beat of the chicken community.:frow

fldiver97, Leahs Coop, Sequel and 8 others like this.
  6. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Enabler

Hello, and welcome! Glad that you joined! Being a member here will enable you to to ask any question's that you may have about the chicks as they grow and beyond. Good luck with your chick's!

7. Shadrach

Shadrach Roosterist

Jul 31, 2018
    Catalonia, Spain
    My Coop
    Hello EMandJAKE.
    Welcome to BYC.
    Great pics.

8. chkva

chkva Songster

Mar 20, 2015
    :welcome Welcome and enjoy your chicks! It's so much fun watching them grow!

9. mesalina87

mesalina87 Songster

Apr 14, 2019
    South Central PA
    Hi and welcome to the flock. Enjoy the wonderful world of chickens. The chicks are so cute. :)

10. ClucksAndCombs

ClucksAndCombs Free Ranging

Apr 19, 2018
    New England
    Welcome to BYC!:frow

Feel free to ask questions, there are so many wonderful and knowledgeable people who will answer them :)

Good luck with your chicks! So cute.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: