Hi everyone from Otago New Zealand

treetrunks

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 24, 2013
Hello. this is such a great site. its a bit of a mixture here at my place, I have three pekin pullets, one barnevelda pullet, a lavender araukana roo , one big black hen my son found in park, and a black araucana x leghorn pullet that hasn't arrived yet. I am looking for a couple of light sussex and a buff or brown leghorn roo. what I would like to do is the colour sexing with them. I have to put my rooster to bed in the laundry at night so as I can keep him. he is getting used to it. and doesn't crow too early. but its winter and dark till 8am. I don't know what it will be like in summer and by then I will be putting two away each night.
Treetrunks

Greetings, treetrunks, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you with us! Good luck to you and your flock!

Hi there from Temuka NZ!! Yes it is a great site and very helpful.... I am wanting some fertile araucana lavender eggs to set if you know of anyone that has them !

If you are going to have two roosters, it would be a good idea to have more hens- otherwise the roos will be overbreeding them and can cause a lot of damage. One roo can usually manage 8-10 hens. They also may fight a lot over the girls.

Hi, there are some people down here in Dunedin that have duckwing araukanas but they arnt laying yet. I don't know anyone that has blue or lav colours. I found it really hard getting hens of any kind down here. I got mine through trade me and had them shipped from the north island. its very cold still and non of mine are laying yet.

Th
[COLOR=008000]Hi, there are some people down here in Dunedin that have duckwing  araukanas but they arnt laying yet. I don't know anyone that has blue or lav colours. I found it really hard getting hens of any kind down here. I got mine through trade me  and had them shipped from the north island. its very cold still and non of mine are laying yet.[/COLOR]
[/quote

Back
Top Bottom