Hi Everyone, I'm a new member

I'm from Wisconsin and I have 6 chickens and I am incubating right now. and its my first time and so far I have 7 two of them their hair is not fluffy its hard and stiff like hairspray and they also have a little bit of a bilkul cord or something stuck on their back that won't come off obviously. I believe they were too early not sure. they're doing fine but I am wondering if I should wash them with something or just leave mother nature take care of itself.. it is a hobby that I have taken up.

hi I was wondering if I need to wash my newborn chick its hair is not fluffy it acts like theres hairspray in it stiff and wet looking but it's dry

My name is Cyndi,
(1)  Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I had a small flock of chickens, hens only,in 1996 for a few yrs. I moved & found a good home for them.

(2)  How many chickens do you have right now?
I have 5 hens & 1 Rooster. I also have 2 Fawn & White Indian Runners.

(3)  What breeds do you have?
I have 1 Buff Orpington, 1 Wyandotte, 2 Araucana's, 1 Bantam (Seabright) & 1 Rooster (Australorp?) & 2 Indian Runners (Fawn & White) hens.

(4)  How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
I was searching for a drake Runner, & came across your site, thank goodness!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Photography, my horses (1 Anglo Arab & 2 Missouri Foxtrotter's), my dogs (1 Australian Shepard & 1 German Shorthaired Pointer) & I love to garden!

(6)  Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
My husband & I just moved to northern Idaho, we r retired. We have 52.5 acres of beautiful pine filled land. We r very busy setting up the property for our animals & our garden. We love to fish & be outside in nature. I recently planted a Weeping Willow tree in memberance of my Mother & Father.
I enjoy this BYC site for all its amazing info & help, thank you for this site. I have learned so much in the week I have been here.
My husband recently bought me an incubator & now I am ready to enjoy the amazing gift of hatching.
I am looking to purchase a Drake for my Runners. Any suggestions?
Thank you again for all you do.

Hi Cindi, Thank you!!! My chickens are about a year old and I have 6 brown egg layers!! I live in North western Wisconsin!

Hi Cindi, Thank you!!! My chickens are about a year old and I have 6 brown egg layers!! I live in North western Wisconsin!

Hi, how r ur chickens doing? Did u clean them up?
So glad u joined our BYC site, u will learn so much, just as and search the different forums. So glad to meet u. How is the weather in WI? We have been cool (low 70's) her in northern ID. Perfect temp for me.
Do u have ducks or other animals? TTYL, take care

Weather has been great here in Wisconsin just had a pretty nice spring so far. My chicks are doing good I ended up with 8.. I did call out 2... I can't wait to try to incubate some more it was fun. I have 4 barredrock and for buff... I do have 12 more in the incubator that are done next week about this time. Same kind of chicks. I have friends that want them.

Back
Top Bottom