Hi everyone, new user

embz20

Hatching
8 Years
May 14, 2011
Hi everyone!

I'm new here! I love chickens, and other birds.
Can't have chickens right now (apt.) but I grew up with them and spent lots of time with them.

I also have had parakeets all my life. Right now have 3, two adults male and female (not a mated pair), and I'm hand rearing a parakeet chick from someone else's birds.

I'm looking for tips on raising this parakeet chick. I've raised and nursed to health various other kinds of birds but this is first time for parakeet. It's almost 2 weeks -strong, healthy, and a good eater. Right now I have the chick in a Tupperware with cloth and a heating pad. Keeping it between 30-32 degree C. I feed him/her every 3-4 hours on a Kaytee exact formula. I'm also tying to spend time with him/her, talking and interacting. I'd like to someday have it get along with my current parakeets too.

I also know it's a difficult process and it's certainly taking up lots of time, but with care I'm hopeful I can help this baby grow into a wonderful bird! It'll be worth it!

smile.png

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif

Good luck with your little bird. I had a parakeet once, oh how I loved that little bird! Hope to see pictures of the baby soon!

Thanks everyone!

I WILL have chickens again, the moment I have the space for them! I miss having "the girls" hanging in the backyard giving delicious eggs! Chickens are such great company too.

And yes! I'll post pics of my birds, (and old chickens I've had) as soon as I'm allowed
wink.png

Hi there! Welcome from western Kentucky. I'm glad you decided to join us! Lots of friendly folks, tons of useful information, lots of goodnatured fun & ribbing, answers to almost any question one could ask... what's not to love?
big_smile.png
Pull up a comfy chair & let's get acquainted!
caf.gif

Back
Top Bottom