Hi everyone!

sallylou1973

In the Brooder
Mar 2, 2017
I'm Sarah and I'm moving to a lovely log cabin on 7 acres in Jackson County in western North Carolina in April. It already has a lovely indoor and outdoor coop ready for the 4 chickens I want to get, and a lovely spring fed pond that I'm going to secure for a couple of ducks.

If I can adopt rescue birds I'd really love to do that, so I've just started investigations into that.

I'm going to have a good read through lots of these posts, but if anyone has any ideas on who to contact to get rescue birds, or good breeds for NC (the house rarely gets snore and is at 3300 feet elevation so even in summer there's always a nice cool breeze), I'd be really grateful of the help.

Nice to meet you all
1f413.png
1f986.png

Greetings from Kansas, Sarah, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you aboard! Looks like you got a thin slice of heaven coming up in April! Sounds beautiful! Do me a favor, send me some of that cool breeze in June, July, and August!
I think the rescue bird idea is awesome! You might inquire in the NC thread in this link:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you Maybe a local can point you in the right direction!
Best wishes and thanks for joining the BYC family!!
wee.gif

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

Hi Sarah, your log cabin and acreage sounds like a little slice of heaven...enjoy!

Hi :welcome Sarah

Glad you could join the flock! Wow your new place sounds great and I'm sure you will enjoy your new chicken and duck adventures. I hope the move goes well for you and you can find an adoption place near to you to rescue birds.

Good luck and enjoy BYC :frow

G’Day from down under Sarah
frow.gif
Welcome!

I wouldn’t say "No" if you want to send that nice breeze my way also
wink.png
Your new home sounds beautiful.

Best wishes!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
smile.png

Hi all, thanks for the warm welcomes! I shall be very liberal with my sharing of the cool breeze once I move cause I currently live in Florida so I feel your pain
1f602.png

Back
Top Bottom