Hi Everyone!

LittleCknMomma

In the Brooder
Jun 25, 2018
Hi. So here’s my introduction...

I’m 48 yo, married to my high school sweetheart for 28 years. We have 3 beautiful girls... our oldest who would be 24 now (is “on deposit” with the Lord since ‘95 when she was 13 mos old), 2nd is 21, and our youngest is 11 (adopted in 2007 from Guatemala). Our sweet 11 year old is the Little Chicken Momma around here, but is not allowed to “free range” on the internet . So, I’ve signed up to be able to help her navigate all of the great information available here.

We have 5 hens. I honestly have no clue what kind they are, maybe some of y’all can help us figure that out. Two are reddish brown and they’re the best! Three are white, bigger than the others and not very nice.

I found BYC through a web search while trying to find info to help one of our girls that’s sick. I’ll be posting for help on that next!!

We aren’t farmers, but we do like having the hens around and we love the fresh eggs. We live on a small farm (33 acres) in a barely still rural area of Alabama, owned by my mother (my father died 10 years ago). She has 7 head of cattle, normally has around 12-13 but recently sold off some older calves. We homeschool and we own our own business - we are a plumbing contractor that specializes in new houses and remodeling and high end custom homes, employing 8 Americans. We have one dog (a 16 year old, blind and deaf Shih Tzu that we’ve had since she was 6 weeks old and who now goes by the nickname “Little Old Lady”), and a granddog who lives with us along with his mother (our 21 year old) LOL. He is the most timid, people loving, Bluenose Pitbull and we adore him. He’s very gentle with everyone, including the “Little Old Lady” who has been known to bite his nose if he spends too long checking her out.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and hoping greatly that you can help me out with our sick little hen.

Blue Welcome.png

It is great having you here!

The emergencies thread is a good place to go

Hi. So here’s my introduction...

I’m 48 yo, married to my high school sweetheart for 28 years. We have 3 beautiful girls... our oldest who would be 24 now (is “on deposit” with the Lord since ‘95 when she was 13 mos old), 2nd is 21, and our youngest is 11 (adopted in 2007 from Guatemala). Our sweet 11 year old is the Little Chicken Momma around here, but is not allowed to “free range” on the internet . So, I’ve signed up to be able to help her navigate all of the great information available here.

We have 5 hens. I honestly have no clue what kind they are, maybe some of y’all can help us figure that out. Two are reddish brown and they’re the best! Three are white, bigger than the others and not very nice.

I found BYC through a web search while trying to find info to help one of our girls that’s sick. I’ll be posting for help on that next!!

We aren’t farmers, but we do like having the hens around and we love the fresh eggs. We live on a small farm (33 acres) in a barely still rural area of Alabama, owned by my mother (my father died 10 years ago). She has 7 head of cattle, normally has around 12-13 but recently sold off some older calves. We homeschool and we own our own business - we are a plumbing contractor that specializes in new houses and remodeling and high end custom homes, employing 8 Americans. We have one dog (a 16 year old, blind and deaf Shih Tzu that we’ve had since she was 6 weeks old and who now goes by the nickname “Little Old Lady”), and a granddog who lives with us along with his mother (our 21 year old) LOL. He is the most timid, people loving, Bluenose Pitbull and we adore him. He’s very gentle with everyone, including the “Little Old Lady” who has been known to bite his nose if he spends too long checking her out.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and hoping greatly that you can help me out with our sick little hen.
Welcome welcome!!!!

Back
Top Bottom