hi everyone!

pekinrideaux123

In the Brooder
May 25, 2020
Moncton New Brunswick Canada
1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
my partner and i just bought our first baby duckling about 3 days ago now, shes just under a week old! (rideaux)
(2) How many chickens do you have right now? only the one!
(were brand new to this so figured we would go easy at first haha)

(3) What breeds do you have?
we have a pekin duckling

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
i want to watch them grow up and eventually sit out and watch them out in the pond

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
i really enjoy cars haha, its bad...

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
we have another dog at home, cecil, a bouvier lab mix, i work as an elevator technician in training
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
for the first couple days with our duckling, rideaux, i had a multitude of questions and now my google search bar only suggests duckling topics... but every answer that i found satisfactory or that would help whatever problem, worry or concern that would come up, was on this forum! :D

1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
my partner and i just bought our first baby duckling about 3 days ago now, shes just under a week old! (rideaux)
(2) How many chickens do you have right now? only the one!
(were brand new to this so figured we would go easy at first haha)

(3) What breeds do you have?
we have a pekin duckling

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
i want to watch them grow up and eventually sit out and watch them out in the pond

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
i really enjoy cars haha, its bad...

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
we have another dog at home, cecil, a bouvier lab mix, i work as an elevator technician in training
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
for the first couple days with our duckling, rideaux, i had a multitude of questions and now my google search bar only suggests duckling topics... but every answer that i found satisfactory or that would help whatever problem, worry or concern that would come up, was on this forum! :D

Welcome to BackYardChickens! So glad to have you here in our wonderful community of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people!

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Are you going to get her another duckling? They don't like to be alone.
okay so, one of our friends has rideaux’s sibling, bino, and they see eachother a good amount and they spent the whole day together yesterday and slept in rideaux’s cage but it seemed like anytime bino would go for water at the same time as ours, it would start a fight n they would peck at eachother and pull on eachothers wings, feet, feathers and what not. i am definetly considering another one but im scared they might not get along and i dont know how to stop them from potentially injuring one another! any help would be appreciated thank you for being so welcoming!

Back
Top Bottom