Hi everyone!

Here chick chick chick

In the Brooder
Aug 3, 2020
I am new to raising chickens. I currently have two that are 16 weeks old. I have a Buff Orpington and a Dark Brahma and I've had them for 4 weeks. I love watching their personalities develop. Buffy (the Orpington) is smart and friendly. Lacey (the Brahma) is not as bright and is definitively a chicken. She's afraid of everything but is slowly getting used to us and will sometimes eat out of our hands. I also love to garden which has been an epic fail this year due to various critters (gross things that eat my plants) but the chickens are benefiting from the abundance of bug treats they're getting. I just recently found this group during a random search trying to find why they poop in their nesting box. I discovered, thanks to this group, that my roosting bars may not be high enough so I'm raising them up in the hopes that they'll sleep and poop there. Thanks everyone and I look forward to learning more.

I am new to raising chickens. I currently have two that are 16 weeks old. I have a Buff Orpington and a Dark Brahma and I've had them for 4 weeks. I love watching their personalities develop. Buffy (the Orpington) is smart and friendly. Lacey (the Brahma) is not as bright and is definitively a chicken. She's afraid of everything but is slowly getting used to us and will sometimes eat out of our hands. I also love to garden which has been an epic fail this year due to various critters (gross things that eat my plants) but the chickens are benefiting from the abundance of bug treats they're getting. I just recently found this group during a random search trying to find why they poop in their nesting box. I discovered, thanks to this group, that my roosting bars may not be high enough so I'm raising them up in the hopes that they'll sleep and poop there. Thanks everyone and I look forward to learning more.

Welcome to BackYardChickens! So glad to have you here in our wonderful community of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people!

Back
Top Bottom