Hi Everyone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by WiseAcreBantams, Dec 25, 2011.

1. WiseAcreBantams

WiseAcreBantams Out Of The Brooder

Dec 25, 2011
    (1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? No I am not new to chickens, My mom raised them when I was little and I grew up on a farm so they were pretty much an every day thing for me.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? oh boy! 75?? or so?? I am afraid to count LOL

(3) What breeds do you have? I have Silkies (Buff, Lavander, Porcelain, Splash, Blue, BLack, White, Cukoo, Partridge), Seramas (various colors), and Bantam Cochins. My mom Raises Rumpless Arauchanas

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? I Met a gal from Castle Delight Seramas (I forget her name here) (SORRY!) [​IMG] she referred me to here when I adopted Piper and Amanda from her.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? My husband and I love to go fishing and crabbing (we live in Oregon not far from the coast) and take every chance we can get to go fishing somewhere and crabbing in the bays when we can (although it has been quite some time).

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. Well I fully blame my mother for the chicken obsession I now have (she had silkies when i was little), and now that we live together again (and she moved in with her birds) I found it all to easy to join the club and get a few of my own! We have been goign through chemo treatments for her since 2009 when she was diagnosed wtih Stage 3 Ovarian Cancer. She is doing well but it is a rough road. We will be moving here soon to our new home (the 4 of us, our 2 puppies, 5 cats, and our flock of birds) I can't wait it will give us so much more room to be able to do things and so much easier on my parents. We will be building a chicken barn when we get there so everyone has their own individual runs and will have a nice warm dry inside pen and an outside pen they can come and go to as they please, both being fully enclosed. I'm hoping to have this done by Spring so we can get into the swing of things and get our pens seperated out.

Am glad to have found this site, and looking forward to getting to know eeveryone here. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and have a SAFE and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

2. geepy

geepy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2009
    central FL
    Welcome, Hope your mom gets better! [​IMG]
    My mom lives we me also only she brought her horse. [​IMG]`

3. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from Washington State glad you joined us!
    Best wishes to your mother!

4. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    [​IMG]

5. CheerioLounge

CheerioLounge Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    California High Desert
    [​IMG] from Twentynine Palms in the California high desert!

6. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    Welcome from Tennessee. I will pray for your mom.

7. S&N Livestock

S&N Livestock Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    southern ohio
    [​IMG] from Ohio

8. hemet dennis

hemet dennis Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] from Calif. [​IMG]

9. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Welcome from another Californian! I had to smile at your username - yes, my bantams are also the wise acres of my flock, too! [​IMG]

I'm a breast cancer survivor so let your mother know she's got a cheerleader in her court for her! (Plus many more in the BYC community, too.)

I grew up in Otter Rock, OR, just north of Newport. Whereabouts will your new farm be??

10. t/m

t/m Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2011
    Smith Mountain Lake, VA
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Virginia

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by