Hi everyone

JustJo

Hatching
May 8, 2015
salina,ks
I have looked at backyard chickens before and decided to join today. I have gotten back into chickens since being a kid on the farm. I have the duke and his ladies, my husband an I have started with two grown and 12 babies I wanted grown birds but I am glad we bought the babies.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. The Duke? Do I detect a John Wayne fan in our midst? :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with the Duke and his ladies.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.
Congrats on your babies!
jumpy.gif
I like how you introduced your rooster as "Duke." I'm glad you are back to raising chickens again! They are such a joy and so fun to raise. Sounds like you have a lovely flock! Good luck with them and feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are happy to have you join our flock!

Yes I like john Wayne,and the duke fit my buff Orpington rooster,sierra my little Banty hen was given to me,and my babies are Rhode island reds we have (4) little hens (2) little buff rock hens and (6) little barred rock cross hen. Well I guess they can't be classified as hens yet the banks are about 2 to 3 weeks old. Sierra is going on one year. I'm not sure how old the duke is but I'm guessing he is about 2 yes old

Yes I like john Wayne,and the duke fit my buff Orpington rooster,sierra my little Banty hen was given to me,and my babies are Rhode island reds we have (4) little hens (2) little buff rock hens and (6) little barred rock cross hen. Well I guess they can't be classified as hens yet the banks are about 2 to 3 weeks old. Sierra is going on one year. I'm not sure how old the duke is but I'm guessing he is about 2 yes old

Those are some great breeds!

Question does anyone know where I can get a leather helmet or something i can use to protect her head for my hen sierra,poor little thing is all bloody from the duke he is not fighting with her just a little rough with her.

Back
Top Bottom