Hi Everyone!

deemathes

Chirping
May 7, 2015
Lillington, NC
Hey There!

I am new to "chickening" and can't tell you how grateful I am for this amazing site!! There is a lot to learn, and having a one stop spot is just awesome! Our current flock is 1 RIR (9 wks), 1 Silkie/Bannie mix (7-8 wks), 1 White Orpington (2 wks), 1 Barred Rock (2 wks) 1 Partridge Rock (2 wks) 1 Ameraucana (2 wks) and 1 Speckled Sussex (2 wks). We love them so much already!!

I've often read once you own chickens, you will wonder why you never did it sooner. This is so true!!! I never would have thought....so cool.

See you around!!!

Dee

Hi :welcome Dee

Glad you could join the flock! Congratulations on your new babies :celebrate You have a lovely mix there with them. You have certainly come to the right place for all the learning and chicken fun. I agree with you on why didn't I do it sooner. I can't imagine life now without chickens, the garden would be way too quiet. They really do bring lots of fun and entertainment in your life. The chicken TV is fantastic I can spend ages outside with them just watching them go about their chicken business.

Wishing you the very best of luck with your babies. Be sure to ask any questions that you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly.
Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Last edited:
Welcome to Backyard chickens, so glad you joined the flock
wee.gif

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Sounds like you have a nice flock. Those are great breeds. Good luck with them.

Thanks, all!!! What a great group of people here! So refreshing to belong to a group where people are kind, willing to help, and very minimal negativity! As I grow, I can't wait to be able to help others also and be able to contribute to this awesome place! Thanks again!!

Back
Top Bottom