First of all:
welcome-byc.gif

1. I have no idea
roll.png

2. looks like a production red or RIR... idk
3. a mutt of some sort?
4. looks like a BSL hen

Last edited:
thanks for the welcome, am looking at the breed pages for particulars. I'm trying to figure it out because my white hen has been laying for just over three weeks, the reds are the same age but aren't laying yet, and the two little black ones are about a month younger and want to know when they may start. everyone knows more than I do, so any imput appreciated.

welcome-byc.gif

1 - Quite possibly a columbian leghorn cock.
2 - Production red (NOT RIR) hen.
3 - Mutt.
4 - It's much more likely it's a black sex link than a black copper marans. Does she have feathered legs?

this shows the legs on the black one. I'm reading as fast I can, but am not sure what exactly you're asking about feathered legs. Just bought a guide to chickens, and have been haunting the breed pages here so I'm learning, but don't have an intelligent answer for you other than the pic.
DSC00246-1.jpg

Hi and welcome from Washington State!
welcome-byc.gif

#4 looks more like a black sex link. My french black copper marans has feathers on her legs, but my DIL's does not. But BOTH have a lot more red feathers on the neck and shoulders.

You might want to wait until she's a bit older (old enough to be laying at least) if you're comparing her to pictures.

Back
Top Bottom