Hi folks from WLA!

aliris

Songster
Sep 20, 2021
West LA
Hey everyone! I'm finally dragging myself into your community. We have 4 year-plus hens, our second crop. The first were "rescue chickens" and in very poor health. They were sweet and possibly very old and died after a year or so ... we spent a year in mourning, then purchased four babies and have grown with them. However, what hasn't grown is the inherited house that came with the rescue chickens. It's just too small, they hate it and I must make them new digs. So here I am, poking around in all the good ideas y'all have to offer, with gratitude. TIA!

ty!

I am looking for pictures of our horrid coop; perhaps y'all have ideas for renovation. It is mentioned that one make a "page" of one's coop, but I can't quite figure out how or where...

And another question from among hundreds of things I must have and still be doing wrong: ventilation. Who knew this was such a problem? The commercial coop has a slider window vent at the top which I close at night bc, what ... I'm worried about predators? That's not actually a problem; there's HC there. Getting cold? We're in SoCA - that's not really a thing either. So should I be leaving that window open please? tia.

Back
Top Bottom